Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 14, 2011…
BMW X5 models for 2012, offer a choice of trim levels and equipment, namely the X5 xDrive35i Premium and X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity, in addition to the familiar BMW Advanced Diesel X5 xDrive35d and X5 xDrive50i . All models are enhanced by the brilliant focus and aesthetic appearance of the X5 brand. The gasoline models received an 8-speed automatic transmission for better acceleration and fuel efficiency.
The body design of the 2012 BMW X5 is characterized by well-balanced proportions that accentuate the vehicle’s powerful presence and agility. A long wheelbase, short front and rear body overhangs, and large light-alloy wheels provide a visual balance between the front and rear of the vehicle. Square-shaped, carefully flared wheel arches hint at the X5’s all-wheel drive traction and other-roads capability. The body lines sweep upwards from the front and rear wheels, communicating BMW’s near perfect 50-50 front-rear weight distribution which is so essential to the X5’s legendary driving dynamics.
An M Sport Package is available on most X5 models, with sporty components perfectly matched to each vehicle. The BMW Advanced Diesel-powered X5 xDrive35d features a 3.0-liter sequential twin-turbo inline-6 diesel engine with 265 horsepower and 425 lb-ft of torque. The X5 xDrive 35d offers class-leading performance and fuel efficiency: 0 – 60 mph in 6.9 seconds and an equally impressive 19 mpg city/26 mpg highway EPA rating.
For every path, even those without a road the 2012 X5 offers more versatility, comfort convenience and even more options for 2012 as a premium class leader. The X5 is ready for any journey. And with seating for seven, it's as versatile inside as it is outside.
Please refer to MY 2011 Press Kit for detailed information by following this link –
2012 model year updates with specific standard, option and package changes.
The 2012 model Year for the BMW X5 xDrive35i and xDrive50i models began with April 2011 production. At that time, the following changes took place:
Standard Equipment Changes
- Corona light rings switched to LED technology.
- Roof Rails added to the xDrive50i and X5 xDrive 35i Base models.
- Cargo Cover added to all models.
- BMW Assist, iPod/USB Adapter and Hi-Fi Sound System added as standard to all X5 Models.
- Lumbar Support, Automatic Dim Mirrors, Park Distance Control, Automatic Tailgate, Ambient Lighting, Heated Seats added as standard to X5 xDrive35i Premium, X5 xDrive35i Sports Activity models.
- Navigation, Lumbar Support, Automatic Dim Mirrors, Park Distance Control, Automatic Tailgate, Ambient Lighting, Heated Seats and Privacy Glass added to xDrive50i models.
- Leather and 3rd Row Seat will be added as stand alone options to the X5 xDrive35i Base model.
- The Premium and Convenience Packages include Rear-view Camera, Navigation and Comfort Access.
- Due to addition of Heated Front seats as standard, Cold Weather Packages include Heated Rear Seats.
- The Technology Packages consist of Head-Up Display, Automatic High Beam assistant and Side-view Camera.
- A new Premium Sound Package will be available on the X5 xDrive35i Premium and Sport Activity models that
include Premium Sound and Satellite Radio.
- Due to the addition of Park Distance Control as standard, the price of the M Sport Package on the X5 xDrive 50i is reduced.
- Adaptive Drive removed from M Sport Packages. X5 xDrive35i models, package includes Sport Suspension. On X5 xDrive50i, package includes air suspension.
The 2012 Model Year for the BMW Advanced Diesel X5 xDrive35d begins with October production.
Standard Equipment Changes
- Power adjustable steering column
- Power tailgate
- Roof rails
- Floor mats
- Auto dimming mirrors
- Lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Park distance control
- Ambience lighting
- BMW Assist with Bluetooth
- Hi-Fi Sound System
- iPod/USB Adapter
- Privacy glass
- Nevada leather upholstery
- With the addition of the above standard equipment, package content has changed.
- iPod / USB Adapter removed from Premium Sound Package.
- Cold Weather Packages now includes Heated Rear Seats.
Technology Package now consists of:
- High Beam Assistant.
- Side View Camera.
- Head-up Display.
Premium Package now consists of:
BMW Group In America
- Comfort Access.
- Rear View Camera with Top view.
- Rear manual side window shades.
- 4-zone climate control.
- Navigation system.
- Universal garage door opener.
- Interior compass mirror.
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group’s global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 338 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 138 BMW motorcycle retailers, 103 MINI passenger car dealers, and 30 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Information about BMW Group products is available to consumers via the Internet at: www.bmwgroupna.com
: Information about BMW and its products in the USA is available to journalists on-line at www.bmwusanews.com